I cannot use keyboard to get into my computer

Solution
Need some details here, assuming this is a laptop since you posted it under laptop discussion. What is the brand and model of the laptop? Did this start out of no-where or are there some details you are leaving out? Does it get past the BIOS? All lights are on OK? It starts to load Windows or no? Need details about what happens from the time you turn it on.
Need some details here, assuming this is a laptop since you posted it under laptop discussion. What is the brand and model of the laptop? Did this start out of no-where or are there some details you are leaving out? Does it get past the BIOS? All lights are on OK? It starts to load Windows or no? Need details about what happens from the time you turn it on.

Solution

Michael_741

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

Michael_741

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

Michael_741

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
I was on msconfig I accidentally place my computer in diagnostic startup I cannot get into safe mode or past the display screen which shows datevand time only. No window or task bar bbq or start button

While the system is booted, hold in the power button to shut off the system. Turn it on again, and see if it lets you get into the F8 menu then. If not, do the same thing, hold in the power button to turn it off, it should come up next boot and ask you if you want to do a repair or a normal boot. Select Repair, go into a command prompt window in those options and run "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot" command. See if that helps. You can also try to get into safe mode from there and see if you can run msconfig again to undo what you did.