Solved! I can't adjust the volume of my Firestick when connected to Bluetooth speakers

Mar 28, 2019
I am totally stuck. I have a Firestick which is plugged directly into the HDMI port of my Optoma HD143X projector. The Firestick is paired to Bluetooth speakers (Rockville BPA8 8" Professional Powered Active 300w DJ PA Speaker w Bluetooth ) but the sound is fixed. I can't be increased or decreased using either the volume control on the speaker or the volume control on the projector.

I can disconnect the speakers and hear the volume - and adjust it - through the projector but once connected through the Firestick, the volume is fixed. Have tried two different brands of speakers and have the same issue. Any ideas?

Solution
First thing to do is pair your phone with the speakers and make sure that the speaker volume control works with that.
If that works then the issue is the way BT works with the stick.
Then you could connect a BT transmitter to the audio output of the projector but not the USB. The projector would not have drivers to let you do that.
Mar 28, 2019
Hmmm. I didn't realize it was a fixed volume control on Bluetooth which is massively annoying. But you're right, I should still be able to adjust the volume at the speaker but I can't, despite trying to different speakers. So here's a thought. If I added a Bluetooth adaptor to the USB outlet of the projector, and connected the speakers via Bluetooth to the projector, would that solve the problem?

First thing to do is pair your phone with the speakers and make sure that the speaker volume control works with that.
If that works then the issue is the way BT works with the stick.
Then you could connect a BT transmitter to the audio output of the projector but not the USB. The projector would not have drivers to let you do that.

Solution