I can't log in (Windows 7)

Cortonith

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
So, My computer was Windows 7 Ultimate. I May have booted up my computer and what appeared at the login screen: No background, a button that could help about onscreen keyboard, etc, and a shut down button with another button beside that wasn't working. And I can't see any username in the log-in screen. What shall I do...?

Solution
Hi

if CMOS reset followed by bios reset defaults
reset date & time
does not help

Try booting off a Windows 7 DVD or USB or Emergency repair disk

You should have a Windows DVD or usb or emergency disk and backup procedures ready in case of PC/Windows problems (especially if you only have one Windows PC in houshold)

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-prepare-boot-or-system-problems-creating-windows-7-repair-disk.htm

let repairs run and see if this helps
if chkdsk did not run then try again and make sure chkdsk is run

if lots of hard disk errors reported you may have a dying hard disk

personally I like to check hard disk for damage before using chkdsk or emergency disk

Hirens CD (15.2) has several hard disk...

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

if CMOS reset followed by bios reset defaults
reset date & time
does not help

Try booting off a Windows 7 DVD or USB or Emergency repair disk

You should have a Windows DVD or usb or emergency disk and backup procedures ready in case of PC/Windows problems (especially if you only have one Windows PC in houshold)

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-prepare-boot-or-system-problems-creating-windows-7-repair-disk.htm

let repairs run and see if this helps
if chkdsk did not run then try again and make sure chkdsk is run

if lots of hard disk errors reported you may have a dying hard disk

personally I like to check hard disk for damage before using chkdsk or emergency disk

Hirens CD (15.2) has several hard disk diagnostics programs for major disk manufacturers and Seagate version works with other makes
The Mini XP has WesternDigital Data life Guard for Windows (which works with most other makes and USB drives)

this sometimes sorts out problems of corrupt filesystem stopping proper Windows start up

regards

Mike Barnes

Solution