i cant remove the asus battery to my laptop and the screen wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhanzer

Commendable
May 12, 2016

It worked for me! I recently bought a new laptop Acer v3-574g-74bc and it won't power on and I don't know why. It's working perfectly one night, then the next day it won't turn on. I surrendered the unit to the store I bought this from, then waited for like 2 months to get it repaired. But the problem happened again! So I did some research, then found this thread. My laptop has a small hole at the back, then I just pressed for a few seconds using my iPhone's sim ejector, then booom! It turned on! Thank you so much, I created an account just to thank you. You saved me time from waiting for another 2 months getting my laptop repaired. Very simple fix indeed!

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
glad i could help. thanks for taking the time to create an account to thank me. thats pretty cool :)

sometimes laptops just get stuck and need a battery reset. its very common. probably nothing wrong with your machine at all. i wouldnt trust the place that held it for two months.

Mohammed_55

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

Jessica_55

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

I don't have a hole at the back of my laptop I have one on the cd drive. Is that the same hole to reset the computer

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014

Here's what I see when I read this post, Jessica_55.

1) You join a forum to find an answer.
2) You start by posting, then immediately down voting and devaluing my answer that says "GENERALLY". This answer does not say "ALWAYS" and does not apply to your machine.
3) You give absolutely no information about the issue you are having or what machine you are referring to.

For the record, I would have happily helped you if you had been more courteous.

Emoji

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Hiii I actually have the same question and would love it if you could help me out? I am unable to find any other hole aside from the same side as that girl was saying
My laptop is a Windows LEADER laptop

Hannah_13

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
My Asus doesn't work at all without the power cord in, it hasn't for a while but that wasn't a big problem, but now suddenly it's doing the black screen thing too and won't boot up despite lights coming on. Is there anyway I can reset it too? Is it safe to put a metal pin in the small 'reboot battery' hole whilst the laptop is plugged it? Thanks

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014

yes, you can reboot the battery while the laptop is running. this is completely safe for the machine and your saved data. you will lose any unsaved data. for example, the screen went black while you were typing a 30 page essay, you have not saved and its due tomorrow. then, RIP essay.

Karim mithani

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

Karim mithani

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
yes it really works even my laptop have the same problem, then I just pressed for a few seconds using niddle, then I turned on the start button! ! Thank you so much...cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.