I click on link by accident

henry28

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Yeah i know im dumb. I werent concentrating and clicked on a link but i quickly went off it before anything loaded in. Whats the chance of me having a virus and im doing a antivirus scan. How can i make sure i am safe?

thank you
Henry.

Solution
Well the biggest issue with clicking on links is the embedded javascript on the site, sometimes it will try and pull cached data from your browser such as passwords and usernames. You say you quickly went off it so you probably didnt give the website much of a chance to load. You did a scan as well so any tracking cookies should have been found. I would say your safe.

H_Frank

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Well the biggest issue with clicking on links is the embedded javascript on the site, sometimes it will try and pull cached data from your browser such as passwords and usernames. You say you quickly went off it so you probably didnt give the website much of a chance to load. You did a scan as well so any tracking cookies should have been found. I would say your safe.

Solution

henry28

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

thank you for the reply

henry28

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

thank you for the reply, the website was not legit but i did not know if there was any virus