I clicked a phishing link but the page was down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_8_

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
I was checking my old email and i clicked mail from 2016, i stupidly clicked on the suspicious link and the page where it took me was down, do i need to be scared? Thanks

Solution
No, your PC, for the most part, can't be compromised from visiting a webpage, especially when using an antivirus. Most phishing websites are just websites made to look like official websites, where they get visitors to type in important info like usernames, passwords, separate emails, biographical info, etc. Anyways, the point is that these pages are very temporary, so they don't last very long, and also require some way of the visitor giving information to the host. Hope this helps!

gravypanda108

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
No, your PC, for the most part, can't be compromised from visiting a webpage, especially when using an antivirus. Most phishing websites are just websites made to look like official websites, where they get visitors to type in important info like usernames, passwords, separate emails, biographical info, etc. Anyways, the point is that these pages are very temporary, so they don't last very long, and also require some way of the visitor giving information to the host. Hope this helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.