I closed my Dell Latitude Windows 7 Laptop a little too hard a couple days ago and since then when I turn it on -> it goes str

Rick_101

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
I accidentally closed my Dell Latitude Windows 7 Laptop a couple days ago and since then when I turn it on it goes straight to Start Up Repair and is stuck there. I don't know if me closing it too hard is the cause of the Start Up Repair problem but the the problem first began after I closed it to hard. PLEASE someone help me w/solution for this cause I'm a single parent and can't afford to pay a repair man and I Need my laptop for work.

Solution
This can be a sign of a damaged hard drive, and if the system was running when you closed it there is a greater chance of damage. Do you have a standard platter drive or a solid state?

Boot to the BIOS options and see if there is an option for hardware tests, run that and see what it reports.

You may be able to remove the hard drive and get the data out of it if the drive does have issues, and then do a factory reset if that will run. If there is drive damage, it may not. Then you need to buy a replacement drive and install Windows on that clean.
This can be a sign of a damaged hard drive, and if the system was running when you closed it there is a greater chance of damage. Do you have a standard platter drive or a solid state?

Boot to the BIOS options and see if there is an option for hardware tests, run that and see what it reports.

You may be able to remove the hard drive and get the data out of it if the drive does have issues, and then do a factory reset if that will run. If there is drive damage, it may not. Then you need to buy a replacement drive and install Windows on that clean.

Solution