I closed windows 7 instalalation process and now it says bootmgr is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kheops

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Hello,
I recently (just a few days ago) bought a samsung notebook (NP300E5X) with FreeDOS OS installed. I boot-up from my Window 7 DVD and went through the installation process which i canceled it after i format the HDD (because i had no new partition button active).

I thought maybe a restart will solve things out, but after that couldn't boot anymore from dvd/usb and after BIOS loads up(which happens very fast) , i get the message :

BOOTMGR is missing, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart .

The only option my laptop has when i start it is F2 to enter BIOS, and F4 for System Recovery (which doesnt do anything when i press it).

I set up the boot order to first CD/DVD , then to USB KEY/HDD and finnaly to HDD, and i tryed different combination but i get the same result: laptop won't boot from any of them so i can't install an OS.

Tomorrow il go to service with it but honestly i'm dissapointed i could not solve this by myself.

Maybe some of you had the same problem with a SAMSUNG laptop and would share it

Kheops

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I cannot boot from anything. What do you mean by "boot manually" ?Are there any other methods except the manually method to boot from a dvd ? :non:

vegettonox

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
No, you will be required to boot from the dvd, you need to put it into the dvd drive and start your computer, if it doesn't boot directly from the disk, you will need to set your bios to boot from the drive first instead of your hard drive.

If you see the message "press any key to boot from cd/dvd" then you know its working and can hit any key at that time to start the installation process.

You can technically boot from a usb drive, as microsoft has released a tool that allows you to use a usb drive as an install source, however that is vastly more complicated for the general user, that simply booting from the dvd.

Kheops

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Why you people don't read before you post ? I'm already upset because of this problem , i have this laptop for 4 days and today i took it to SAMSUNG's service

I already explained in the first post that i set up the bios correctly to boot from dvd driver / etc . This is not the problem.
The problem is that my laptop won't boot from anything (neither bootable dvd/usb flash/usb hdd) .
It's a more complicated problem.

The cause of the problem was ,like i said in first post (which i think nobody who replied here read it , and only read the title) :
i booted from win 7 dvd, i entered setup mode, i got to the part where to format the HDD, i did it, and because the "new" (partition create) button was unavailable, i decided to close setup .

After i turn off and on the computer, i couldn't boot anymore from dvd and i got the message :
BOOTMGR is missing, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

I tryed different methods which involved creating a multi boot usb tool for recovering/repairing the BOOT system, nothing worked , but i still don't think it is a hardware disfunction (or at least i hope).

Nevertheles, i hope they won't charge me for their service on a brand new laptop . Samsung company could at least threw a repair DISK with their products. I should've bought the DELL laptop which was at same price http://www.mediagalaxy.ro/laptop-dell-inspiron-n5050-intel-core-i3-2-3ghz-15-6-3gb-320gb-intel-hd-graphics-3000-linux

Perhaps you should have stuck with Linux.

My personal view on the problem is that the DVD boot failed because you missed the brief option to choose "Press any key to boot from CD" so the system went on to look for alternatives which weren't there.

Kheops

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012

My personal opinion is that you should go and throw away your computer from which you are writing and make internetz less noobish

Pinhedd

Distinguished

The first rule of being a decent human being is not to bite the hand that feeds. You came here asking for help and since you're the one who seems to be experiencing an issue that ceased being problematic with the standardization of ATAPI in 1998 I don't think that it's appropriate for you to be calling others noobish.

If you haven't done so already, grab a fresh Windows installation CD from here rather than one that may have come with your laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/3316.2-1-microsoft-windows-7-official-iso-download-links-digital-river.aspx

Make sure you get the correct edition and burn it to a DVD

Kheops

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Ok, i'm sorry for being like that , i took it as an insult and i'm reffering here about Saga Lout's commentary : how can you say that you think i missed the brief message to boot ? If i was that kind of begginer i wouldn't know to create a forum account and post the problem . And i also think you guys should read the full problem when someone is asking for a help, even though i may be a bit hard to understand because i'm not an english speaking person.
I appologize again for my attitude and i ask this forum's administrator to close my post if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.