I connected BA external computer speakers and can only get sound out of one speaker? Why?

134sparks

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I connected a Boston Acoustics two speaker and sub from an old computer system to my laptop.
It works fine on the tower but on the laptop I only get one speaker to work.?? I have 64 bit window 7 on laptop. Help please.

Tom Tancredi

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Did you go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, then makesure it isn't plugged into 'Headphones'. You can't run external speakers on HEADPHONE jack, you need to use Output Jack that is for speakers and such. If you have ONLY a Heaphone/Mic jack on the laptop, then you need to buy a USB external sound card to be able to use the speakers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lucasblack29 Laptop Tech Support 1
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 2
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
V Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 11
C Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 5
O Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Question USB C port cannot detect External Hard Drive but can detect USB Device, connected using an adapter
Question External monitor black screen when connected to my laptop HDMI port
Question HP Notebook 17-x010ca was dropped 3ft onto a rug; backlight works, but no picture. Everything else seem to work when connected to an external monitor.
Question Major FPS drops when connected to external monitor.
Question How to wirelessly connect 2 laptops to an external monitor
Question Broken laptop screen wont connect to external display
Solved! can i use sata to pci-e converter to connect external graphics card for my laptop
Solved! Cannot connect laptop to external monitors
Solved! Connecting external monitor to broken laptop issue(video mode not supported)
Solved! Is there any way to connect your external monitor to your dedicated graphics card
Dell G7 freezes while gaming, the laptop is closed, connected to external monitor, but resumes once the lid is opened
Laptop with Broken Screen Won't Connect with an External Monitor
connecting laptop to an external display
My thinkpad only connects to an external monitor how can I get it to work without the external monitor
My lenovo g500 is connected with external video card dock with mini pcle express and gtx 750 ti but its not getting detected
How do I connect external monitor from safemode in windows 7?
Computer with broken screen won't connect to external monitor
I don't have a external DVD drive to my computer can I connect my sony DVD player to my computer through the Ethernet cable an
how to connect a toshiba computer to an external input
Laptop screen wont turn on, but works when connected to an external monitor

ASK THE COMMUNITY