I connected the HDMI output of a HD digital set up box via HDMI/DVI adapter to the DVI input of a Samsung monitor to watch TV.

Oct 1, 2018
I connected the HDMI output of a HD digital set up box via HDMI/DVI adapter to the DVI input of a Samsung monitor to watch TV. The monitor only display a window saying "check signal cable. Analog". I checked the cable. It is well connected. What can I do from here?

Oct 1, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sagarpatil3708 : "I connected the HDMI output of a HD digital set up box via HDMI/DVI adapter to the DVI input of a Lg monitor to watch TV."

I connected the HDMI output of a HD digital set up box via HDMI/DVI adapter to the DVI input of a Lg monitor to watch TV. The monitor only display a window saying "check signal cable. Analog". I checked the cable. It is well connected. What can I do from here?

Saga Lout

Olde English
You don't reply to SkyNetRsing's advice by alerting the Moderators. sagarpatil3708.

If you want to post, click on Post and Answer or click in his post where it says Reply to SkyNetRising and write your reply below the quoted bits.

Oct 27, 2018

Same problem. The monitor is Samsung 2033SW. The STB is from Tatasky. The STB has a HDMI port and the monitor has DVI-D port and VGA port. I have connected both with HDMI/DVI cable but unable to receive signals from the STB. Do I reqiuire a TV Tuner for this set up?

Oct 27, 2018

Could you please explain !

Saga Lout

Olde English
My TV is not a brand new model but it's only three years old. The default action is the television signal itself. If I want to connect my laptop to the TV I have to tell it which of the four HDMI sockets on the back of the set to display whatever inputs a signal.

It can't do that for me but when I select number one, the screen shows Windows and can't display TV programmes at the same time.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
Same here, when using an HDMI device (eg Wii games console) I have to use the TV's setup menu to select the appropriate input --- be aware the HDMI inputs listed in the menu may be shown as "AV1", "AV2 etc", not necessarily "HDMI". Just try each input in the menu until picture from the STB appears.

It was a lot easier when SCART connectors were the standard method of connecting external devices (remember VHS video players?) because most TVs will automatically switch to a SCART signal if detected.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2