I don't have a reboot CD I have a black screen on my computer says reboot and select proper boot device I have tried and tried

Karen_115

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
My Toshiba laptop window 10 has black screen that says reboot and select proper boot device I do not have a CD to do anything

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Remove any extra devices you might have connected,this massage tells you that the laptop is confused about where to start from,for ease of use PC have a setting in the bios that tells them to start from usb/cd/dvd first if you have a usb connected or a disc in your cd/dvd drive it might be trying to start from that and failing because they are not boot discs.

ccampy

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Do your have access to another computer fried family member? And a usb memory stick probably around the 8Gb range as you can reinstall windows this way

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Remove any extra devices you might have connected,this massage tells you that the laptop is confused about where to start from,for ease of use PC have a setting in the bios that tells them to start from usb/cd/dvd first if you have a usb connected or a disc in your cd/dvd drive it might be trying to start from that and failing because they are not boot discs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rswick Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15
Aryamaan08 Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 5
E Laptop Tech Support 1
abdellahaski Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1