Solved! I downgraded my gateway laptop but I need drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2022
I downgraded my laptop to Windows 8.0 because windows 10 is slow. I need drivers so I can use it again. Gateway's website is completely useless, since when you click "Download Drivers" It just redirects to the purchase screen.
Please Help!
My model is GWTC116-2BL

The biggest issue with downgrading is Windows 8 is no longer supported by MS and hasn't been for years. You are vulnerable.

I found that Windows 10 runs well with an SSD and 8GB RAM (for what I do). For me, windows 8 was actually slower. What is the memory and processor installed on your machine? Does is use an SSD or HDD?

It may be that you need to do a complete clean install of Windows 10. Doing this would make it harder to revert to Windows 8, but you can capture a drive image before you start.

Jan 28, 2022
The biggest issue with downgrading is Windows 8 is no longer supported by MS and hasn't been for years. You are vulnerable.

I found that Windows 10 runs well with an SSD and 8GB RAM (for what I do). For me, windows 8 was actually slower. What is the memory and processor installed on your machine? Does is use an SSD or HDD?

It may be that you need to do a complete clean install of Windows 10. Doing this would make it harder to revert to Windows 8, but you can capture a drive image before you start.
I downgraded to windows 8 because I only have 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMc Storage. Also because its a convertible.

Status
Not open for further replies.