i got 6 speakers for a surround system for my tv how do i connect them up show diagrams

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
Are the cables colour coded for my sony surround system or do i need to go through a dvd player

Solution
details?

what exactly did you buy.... brand, model numbers, link to them if possible.

if you just have plain speakers then they normally use speaker wire connections. these would need to be hooked up to an amplifier or receiver to power the speakers.

if you have speakers from a surround sound system then i suppose a few of them might be color coded however ones meant for home theater use typically use speaker wire as well.

if you have a whole home theater kit you purchased (including speakers and the combo receiver/dvd player box) then they would all get connected to the back of that.

while not normally color coded they are typically lableled. LF/RF/C/SUB/LR/RR (left front, right front, center, subwoofer, left rear, right rear)...
details?

what exactly did you buy.... brand, model numbers, link to them if possible.

if you just have plain speakers then they normally use speaker wire connections. these would need to be hooked up to an amplifier or receiver to power the speakers.

if you have speakers from a surround sound system then i suppose a few of them might be color coded however ones meant for home theater use typically use speaker wire as well.

if you have a whole home theater kit you purchased (including speakers and the combo receiver/dvd player box) then they would all get connected to the back of that.

while not normally color coded they are typically lableled. LF/RF/C/SUB/LR/RR (left front, right front, center, subwoofer, left rear, right rear). they also typically use red and black spring clips or binding posts. while it doesnt really matter as long as you do all of them the same way.... i would connect the side of the speaker wire with a line on it to the red connectors (positive).

if that isnt the answer you wanted... you need to respond with details.

Solution

Kundan_2

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016

what if the tv has single output port

Dragos Manea

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
As it was said, the speakers themself conect to an amplifier(in your case it might be the subwofer) if not you must buy one and after that the amplifier conects to the output from the tv.
Give us more details, you are too sketchy.