I got water down my screen and into the casing at the bottom where the inverter is, now I can hardly view my screen

hardrocker69

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
Hp notebook, got water on my screen which ran-down and into the casing at the bottom, where the inverter is ....... now, while it powers-up ok, I can hardly see what's on the screen, it's so dim. Will this water that's accidently lying there eventually evaporate to give me a bright screen back??????

Solution
Seems like you backlight is dead, I would recommend not using the laptop and if possible power off and remove battery, leave until its cool, and tape up the air vents and keyboard and carefully in a bag of rice..............well it worked on phones that suffered water damage and amazingly sometimes recovers them without any issues provided the battery was removed immediately. Rice absorbs water or you may want to take it in to a service center if you have the cash to deal with these guys.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Seems like you backlight is dead, I would recommend not using the laptop and if possible power off and remove battery, leave until its cool, and tape up the air vents and keyboard and carefully in a bag of rice..............well it worked on phones that suffered water damage and amazingly sometimes recovers them without any issues provided the battery was removed immediately. Rice absorbs water or you may want to take it in to a service center if you have the cash to deal with these guys.

Solution

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
As Zer0 said your backlight is now dead, it could be from a fried inverter or something else from the water damage. If it is already not showing the backlight letting it dry out wont help as it has already been powered on and shorted.