Solved! i had a trojan and i downloaded malwarebytes and hitmanpro

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
so i was wondering why my startup is so slow and fps bad so i ran windows defender and found a trojan coinminer and it got deleted but after that in a few days i was curious and ran it and it found some infected or corupted files so i was just scared and nervous but i download malwarebytes and i scaned and it quarantine some things and deleted idk if steam_api.dll was safe or not but after that i was still wonder do i still have virus and i downloaded hitmanpro and scaned and it just scaned leftovers of my old antivirus (totalav) so i was wonder if you guys can tell me if my pc is safe of trojans or not

Solution
is this a laptop? windows 10?

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
Your system is not "100% safe".
It may be "mostly safe". But are you sure that your trojans and malware are gone? Really sure?

You might consider doing a full wipe and reinstall. Of everything.
im super sure i think trojans are gone because i ran windows defender scan full malware bytes full scan and hitmanpro full scan and sophos home full scan and no malware anywhere NOTHING is on my pc that is malware everything is faster than normal and my startup is much faster than before and my internet issue is resovled it used to be so bad but now no internet inturuptions and faster pc so i am 100% sure that trojan is gone all i was saying is my pc safe after that?

edit: i thank rgd1101 mod for helping me

Shogunyanly

Great
May 10, 2021
Your system is not "100% safe".
It may be "mostly safe". But are you sure that your trojans and malware are gone? Really sure?

You might consider doing a full wipe and reinstall. Of everything.
unknown.png

:/ trojan removed????