I have a 55 curve Samsung tv and when I picked it up I pressed up against the glass with my fingers and cracked the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torey_

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
I have a 55 inch Samsung curve tv and when I was moving it I pressed up against the glass to hard and cracked the screen. Can it be fixed? It turns on, and I have picture but it's a line that goes from the top of the tv were the crack is all the way to the bottom. Please help me of a way to get this fixed

Solution
As has been explained the price of a replacement display panel is almost the price of the TV and with labor is usually higher than the price of a new TV. That's why it's almost impossible to even get an replacement panel.
If the TV were in warranty and the failure was a defect rather than caused by abuse the maker would send you a TV rather than fix the old one. It's cheaper for them.
If you could find another IDENTICAL TV with an intact screen but other problem you might be able to exchange the panel.
You might try contacting Samsung. They might have pity and give you a deal on a B stock or refurbished set.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
It's fixable. Just need to get a new glass, they ship direct from the manufacturer and cost roughly the same as a new TV, mostly. My kid cracked the screen on my 50" Panasonic plasma, TV cost $1200 back then, repair cost was $1400. New TV cost $800.
Sorry. Hope you bought a good warranty, it's fixable, but not worth the cost.
The only other option is surf sites like eBay or Craigslist and hope to find someone selling your TV model for parts/not working, where the screen is good, but the guts are toast.

swarupkrsinha

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

I have same issue as Torey explained. Don't know how to fix it.

As has been explained the price of a replacement display panel is almost the price of the TV and with labor is usually higher than the price of a new TV. That's why it's almost impossible to even get an replacement panel.
If the TV were in warranty and the failure was a defect rather than caused by abuse the maker would send you a TV rather than fix the old one. It's cheaper for them.
If you could find another IDENTICAL TV with an intact screen but other problem you might be able to exchange the panel.
You might try contacting Samsung. They might have pity and give you a deal on a B stock or refurbished set.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.