I have a dell precision m6500 as my work computer and i have a dell precision m4500 as just a play around computer i got off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grwtogether

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
I have a dell precision m6500 as my work computer and i have a dell precision m4500 as just a play around computer i got off ebay. I got it cheap because it needed work. I stripped the ram out to add to another one i was working on and i had a 2 gb 1033 ram stick left over so i threw it in the 4500 and i was going to just get it up and running until i got more ram in. But now it wont turn on, will it not run with only 2 gb or am i doing something wrong? I have it in slot a and it booted to bios when i first got it. I have fixed computers and laptops for years so i Am not just playing in the dark.
Sorry this is my first time to use this forum so I posted it wrong. The question posted as the title/header and my header as the question

Grwtogether

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
Well never mind, if you only have one stick of ram you have to put it in slot b. I have no idea why but it turned right on when I switched the ram to slot b. Thanks for anyone that was considering answering my question. I guess I jumped the gun and should have tried a few more things before turning to the net

Status
Not open for further replies.