I have a elemyent smart tv an just a cable wire hooked in the back my ? Is there something I can buy to make it hd? An my buil

amandawyatt7088

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I only have regular cable hooked up without the box is there something I can buy to hook up to get hd channels bc regular cable on a hd tv is a horrible red tint picture

Solution
After you connect the cable wire to the TV you have to select QAM for cable signals and then have the TV run a channel scan. If there are any unscrambled channels then the TV will find them.
When you watch an SD channel on an HDTV if should not have a red tint. Usually looks fuzzy and sort of out of focus.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
the cable box is what will give you the hd channels. don't know what cable company you use but this has the been the case in my experience.

sucks paying the fees for it, but if you want the features the box brings, then you have to have the box. nothing else is going to decrypt the cable signal beyond what the tv is doing for you now.

After you connect the cable wire to the TV you have to select QAM for cable signals and then have the TV run a channel scan. If there are any unscrambled channels then the TV will find them.
When you watch an SD channel on an HDTV if should not have a red tint. Usually looks fuzzy and sort of out of focus.

Solution