I have a Jensen JS800 powered sub woofer for my Home Theatre System and something is wrong with itI

alyfrost

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I have a Jensen JS800 powered sub woofer for my Home Theatre System. I blew the fuse while listening to a CD very loudly. I just replaced the fuse, plug it back in and turned on perfectly....until I tested it and ALL the surround sound speakers. The woofer sounds like STATIC. OMG what happened?? I checked out the woofer & NO rips, holes, dents, etc BUT it doesn't appear to have that slight movement/bounce unless its supposed to be like that?? I have checked my cables as well even tried a completely different one, no change. I dont know much about cones & voice coils YIKES Please help. Thanks Alyfrost

Solution
Sounds like you have blown the amp. If its just static noise you are hearing then the amp will need repair or replacing. I had the same problem with a 400w amp powering a sub in my car when i blew that.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Sounds like you have blown the amp. If its just static noise you are hearing then the amp will need repair or replacing. I had the same problem with a 400w amp powering a sub in my car when i blew that.

Solution

alyfrost

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I was AFRAID it might be something like that...so whats the use of fuses, I thought the point of "Blowing A Fuse" was to prevent blowing your device/equiptment. Of course thats the story of my life. LOL
Thank you