I have a Samsung DLP hl-s6187wx/xaa from 2007 and just started having picture issues the day I installed Frontier's FiOS into

heltr

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Old Samsung DLP not fast enough for new cable service? But after 30 min the ol'dog learns new tricks and is just fine.

heltr

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Sorry I see my info was placed in title, thus my information was missing!
I had no previous problems with my Samsung DLP when connected to FIOS 2 yes ago or Bright House a week ago. So I needed faster upload and went back to FIOS, but now they dropped a fiber-optic cable too. The STB is a Motorola QIP 7232-2. When connected with New HDMI cable picture scrambled but clear sound. We tried RBG cables ( from what I've read this works) to no avail. The cable guy from Frontier tried going into Motorola's secret menu to set 4:3 picture on/off to no avail and he tried various settings from 420i-1080p...still no luck. Then like clock work after 30 min. The picture was clear.
So he waited and checked lines and other stuff associated with their end. After about 1 hr. we turned Tv back on... screen scrambled. I forgot to include...if the TV is NOT in 'game mode' no picture at all. ( I didn't check if after 30 min if it was viewable as well). When in 'Game' mode you can make out somewhat a picture that's scrambled. ( Mainly white horizontal shifts with a green horizontal bar about 1-2" running across the bottom.
He left said tv too old. I pursued Samsung next and explained same story...tech said TV too old.
So my question is if it's so old why after 30 min. my picture is clear? Previously I did replace the bulb and color wheel with OEM parts, reset counter and everything ran smoothly on Bright House and PS4.
Thank you, for your help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
Makheon Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 0