i have a seiko model: SE322FS When its connected to the light a red lig

martinltx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
i have a seiki model: SE322FS, it was working all of the sudden it wouldn't turn on.
when its plug to the electricity a red light comes out. When i press on the on/off button a blue lights comes on but the tv wouldn't turn on.

Solution
Hello.

These Seiki usually have power supply issues after a few years. As well as eeprom issues... Does the blue light stay on? I suggest you try this:

1) Power on the TV. (blue light on).
2) Use a flashlight and carefully shine in the middle of the screen.
3) Press Menu on the TV buttons or Seiki remote. (the original one)
4) Do you see a faint picture in the background?

If yes, then your backlight is broken. I do not suggest a repair for a TV like this.

If you see absolutely no text though, it might be something else. If you are knowledgeable in electronics, you can always test for the correct voltages on the supply. If not, then bring it in to a trained technician. The issue is either the power supply or the EEPROM.
Hello.

These Seiki usually have power supply issues after a few years. As well as eeprom issues... Does the blue light stay on? I suggest you try this:

1) Power on the TV. (blue light on).
2) Use a flashlight and carefully shine in the middle of the screen.
3) Press Menu on the TV buttons or Seiki remote. (the original one)
4) Do you see a faint picture in the background?

If yes, then your backlight is broken. I do not suggest a repair for a TV like this.

If you see absolutely no text though, it might be something else. If you are knowledgeable in electronics, you can always test for the correct voltages on the supply. If not, then bring it in to a trained technician. The issue is either the power supply or the EEPROM.

Solution

martinltx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016