I have a Sony XBR65X850B and an Onkyo TX-NR 636 receiver, they wont seam to sync and no my Directv box won't play thru

Solution
try connecting the directtv directly to the tv. Further try another source like a dvd / blu ray player to see if it works thru your receiver. IF not, then the bad news is you likely have a bad receiver which onkyo is "noted" for when it comes to hdmi connectivity. LOTS and lots of complains. If so, and its still under warranty, you might want to take action with onkyo.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
try connecting the directtv directly to the tv. Further try another source like a dvd / blu ray player to see if it works thru your receiver. IF not, then the bad news is you likely have a bad receiver which onkyo is "noted" for when it comes to hdmi connectivity. LOTS and lots of complains. If so, and its still under warranty, you might want to take action with onkyo.

Solution

frankerk

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
I had a similar issue with a new SONY Bravia XBR-65X810C connected thru an ONKYO TX-NR626 AV receiver to a cable box (Charter). The 4K picture had a horizontal jitter when scenes changed - as if it was losing sync with the cable signal. Checked all connections. eliminated a COAX splitter, and finally stumbled on the fix. Performed a firmware update on the ONKYO - took about 30 minutes. Problem resolved.