i have acer aspire v5-473pg laptop..

les1726

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
but mine is when i turn my laptop on, there is no display coming up.. just a blue indicator in the upper part of my laptop..

Try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. Can you see your screens on the external monitor?

If you can see them, then your connected display is the issue. Either the display itself or the ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard.

If you can't see on the external monitor either, then your graphics card/GPU is probably shot and you need to replace it (and possibly the motherboard).

Before doing any work (opening up the laptop) be sure it isn't under warranty any longer. If it is under warranty, you would be better served contacting the manufacturer about a repair and/or replacement.

Remember, if under warranty, contact the manufacturer first about any repair or replacement. So you don't void the warranty.

If your graphics card/GPU is the problem and you are comfortable doing the work yourself, then just note you may actually have to replace the motherboard.

Otherwise you would have to get someone to do it for you.