I have an acer aspire and was working fine and we still can see on tv screen thru hdmi cords, but nothing on the screen. Total

sparkslilbit

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Black screen on our Acer aspire laptop. Can see thru hdmi cables on our TV, but looking for a way to get the screen back?

Solution

Any computer shop can replace the screen or inverter, but depending on the model laptop you have...
A black screen on the laptop when an external monitor works is either a bad screen, backlight or inverter. Can you see anything at all, even if very faint? Or when you shine a light on the screen? If you can, then it's the backlight or inverter. If nothing, either the screen is dead or you have a connection issue with a cable.

sparkslilbit

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

sparkslilbit

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Thank you hang-the-9!!! I appreciate your help on this matter. When it is unhooked on running plugged in or on battery, I see very little. Visible a very small amount more than the other side! I'm frustrated and NEED it for my daughter when school starts next month. I can't afford to pay for another one. If there isn't a way to fix it easily or cheap, then do YOU know a place that either can help fix this or maybe would help. Even if I could get a refurbished one, would be great. Bad enough that I can't afford a laptop, cable and can't get air Antenna. Any info, u can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sparkslilbit

Any computer shop can replace the screen or inverter, but depending on the model laptop you have it may be better to just replace it. An inverter fix is probably about $50-60, mostly for labor, a new screen is usually over $100.

Solution