I have an acer computer and the screen went white while working in something what can i do?

Cindy_4

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I was working on homework when my computer just turned white. I tried restarting pressing ctrl+alt+del it didn't work it won't turn off or on its just white

Solution
Hi,

That can be a hardware problem (GPU or Display) but please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still stay on a white screen, connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will appear on it.
- If the display is normal on the external monitor you may need to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- But if the display is normal on the external monitor then the problem lies inside the laptop (GPU or Motherboard).
- You'll need to contact ACER for a repair specially if it's still under the factory...
Hi,

That can be a hardware problem (GPU or Display) but please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still stay on a white screen, connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will appear on it.
- If the display is normal on the external monitor you may need to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- But if the display is normal on the external monitor then the problem lies inside the laptop (GPU or Motherboard).
- You'll need to contact ACER for a repair specially if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution