I have an android phone which I'm now swapping to a newer android phone altho I have an s.d card installed in my old phone it

Feb 27, 2018
Please ...I am wanting to put my n sim card and SD card in to my new android phone ( both old and new are android ) so I'll keep the same tel number etc .my old phone I've just discovered uses vcf and has backed up my contacts and what ever else on to this vcf ( why it's not used the SD card installed I don't no) when I transfer sim /SD card to my new phone how do I then import my contacts from vcf?? Should I prior to swap over export my photo gallery to the SD card or does the vcf also store data as well ? When the phone asks back up data does this ( as my contacts did ) automatically back up the photo gallery ??these are the only VIP data I wish to transfer to my new phone .I assumed when I backed up items it were to the SD card I've just discovered this vcf file as I went to use the export/import system I usually use please advise before I end up loosing contacts etc x

Solution
Well first, the SD card doesn't carry the phone carrier/service provider data. So the only way to get that as the same is if the phones both use a SIM card so that you can swap it from one to the other, as to keep the service and phone number. If the phones don't use a SIM then you would have to have the number transferred to the new phone.

In regard to the saved file with the contacts info, all you should need to do is, put the SD card in the new device. As long as both devices use the same size SD card. Or if the info was saved to the SIM rather than an SD card. Which can happen. Anyway, you just need to locate that file when the card is in the phone. The contacts app should have an option for installing it.
Well first, the SD card doesn't carry the phone carrier/service provider data. So the only way to get that as the same is if the phones both use a SIM card so that you can swap it from one to the other, as to keep the service and phone number. If the phones don't use a SIM then you would have to have the number transferred to the new phone.

In regard to the saved file with the contacts info, all you should need to do is, put the SD card in the new device. As long as both devices use the same size SD card. Or if the info was saved to the SIM rather than an SD card. Which can happen. Anyway, you just need to locate that file when the card is in the phone. The contacts app should have an option for installing it.

Solution

h3n0420

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
also all of ur contacts are saved threw google now. so when you start using your new phone all u need to do is sign into ur google acct. and sync ur device. all ur contacts shud pop up