i have an asus laptop and when i press certain letters the number 9 appears

planesman22

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
Can you elaborate in a more coherent way, such as a picture?

I can only draw the remote conclusion that you have an application that helps you identify if you Numb-Lock is pressed. When you press the Numb-Lock key, you activate the Number pad on your keyboard. Some manufactures, such as Asus includes an application that show an icon(Such as a Large Number Nine) to notify you that the Numb pad is now active and you will be able to use it to input digits instead of using it as a secondary directional key(Or Arrow keys).

If you that is your problem, to disable it, try the following post by killing bttray.exe in the control panel:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100408133125687&board_id=3&model=G73JH&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

A long term fix is also explained as well by modifying your registry. But don't jump the gun on that one before you are sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ADS_Deployed! Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2
kxystar Laptop General Discussion 0
G Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 5
S Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 4
C Laptop General Discussion 4
E Laptop General Discussion 1
O Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 3
D Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
9 Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 3
J Laptop General Discussion 2
X Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop Screen doesnt turn on untill I press the 9 or 6 key on the numpad.
My laptop keep pressing zero
my laptop thinks i'm pressing shift when i press spacebar.
pressed something that makes the laptop screen turned off
Solved! What other key do you press to get @ on a laptop
NOVO button press laptop wont power ON
I can't screenshot on my laptop by pressing windows and print screen. What can I do?
Power button in lenovo ideapad 110-14IBR won't work, but if keyboard button is pressing and hold, laptop will turn on
I bought my laptop And when I switched it on it led me to a page which was a sort of program.....I tried pressing various butt
What 2 keys do I press to get @ on hp laptop
Press @ on samsung laptop
laptop screen led up on pressing power button but cant see my desktop, works fine with tv monitor
I opened my laptop and suddenly all the keys of my dell laptop stopped working. Whenever I am pressing any key a minute sound
My Lenovo laptop keyboard has an issue. When I press K it types 2, which is in the lower right on the K key. Weird, so how do
Hey guys My Hp 250 G3 Laptop does not read windows. WhenWhen! I press the on button, it switches on aibd write
i have a lenovo U series (U41) laptop just of 3 months old suddenly shuts off . I pressed power button several times but It is
my Toshiba satellite laptop has started doing weird stuff, all of a sudden I have to press FN key every time before I can use
Need help with Toshiba Laptop. When searching something up on google i pressed a button which made my screen look dull.
My laptop in power off immediately after I press a Power button
My asus core I3 laptop keyboard some button as like j,k ,l,u,i,o,p,is problem when I press o then it become 6.so what can I do

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS