I have an old sd card inserted in my new phone. How do i get my new phone to access information stored on the sd card

Solution
Well, it will only be able to access the data if the SD card is not bad, still readable by the old phone, and wasn't changed in the original phone to work as "Internal" storage.

If if was turned into "Internal" storage on the prior phone, or the prior phone is the only one that can read it, then you would need to put the card back in the prior phone, connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and copy/move all your files over to a folder on the computer. Then you can put the SD card in the new phone and format it to work in the phone, and connect the new phone to the computer via USB cord and move the data back over.

NOTE: If you plan on making the card "Internal" storage on the new phone, make sure you do that conversion before...
Well, it will only be able to access the data if the SD card is not bad, still readable by the old phone, and wasn't changed in the original phone to work as "Internal" storage.

If if was turned into "Internal" storage on the prior phone, or the prior phone is the only one that can read it, then you would need to put the card back in the prior phone, connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and copy/move all your files over to a folder on the computer. Then you can put the SD card in the new phone and format it to work in the phone, and connect the new phone to the computer via USB cord and move the data back over.

NOTE: If you plan on making the card "Internal" storage on the new phone, make sure you do that conversion before you put the data back on it. Otherwise you would wipe it.

Solution