Solved! I have android tablet/music player combo stays plugged in, is it ok to just leave it on when not in use?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I use it to play music while my child sleeps, the screen stays off when playing and runs off ac adapter (2.5mm/barrel type) what I'm wondering is if I can just turn off the music player and leave tablet on during the day, or is it better to turn it off and back on at night; I wonder if it's actually running much in sleep mode and if it would actually be easier on the system to stay on than to shut down and start back up every night? It has Lollipop version; here is link to it:
Android tablet/music player combo

Solution
While a lot of people keep tablets and other devices on a lot, it isn't really the best thing for the device. They do need to be restarted (powered off and back on) regularly.

Additionally, it also isn't good to keep the device plugged into an adapter all the time either. It is best to allow the battery to run down, at least to a point, and then connect the tablet to power.
While a lot of people keep tablets and other devices on a lot, it isn't really the best thing for the device. They do need to be restarted (powered off and back on) regularly.

Additionally, it also isn't good to keep the device plugged into an adapter all the time either. It is best to allow the battery to run down, at least to a point, and then connect the tablet to power.

Solution