Solved! I have antenna hooked up to 3 TVs. 2 have all the channels but one is only getting CBS and fox. How do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2019
Only receiving CBS and fox channels when hooked up to the antenna. How do I fix this. I have received all the channels in the past.

Solution
Start by checking the terminations on the "bad" cable. You could have a stray braid wire shorting it out, or a center conductor that isn't long enough. You could have 1 or more splitters between your antenna and the TV that are dropping your signal. You could have high loss coax. You could have that TV set for cable channels instead of off the air. Lots of possibilities. An amp may allow you to push a signal through those problems or it might not change anything. It depends on the root cause.

kanewolf

Judicious
Start by checking the terminations on the "bad" cable. You could have a stray braid wire shorting it out, or a center conductor that isn't long enough. You could have 1 or more splitters between your antenna and the TV that are dropping your signal. You could have high loss coax. You could have that TV set for cable channels instead of off the air. Lots of possibilities. An amp may allow you to push a signal through those problems or it might not change anything. It depends on the root cause.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.