i have no idea what is going on is there a translator for a computor neophyte

Ron_429

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
i am stymied by language i do not comprehend. eg i have driver update i guess ad on do i heed it should i use drivers that say they replace what i dont have. lastly is there a site for non-geeks like me many thanks i hope

Solution
If I follow correctly you are seeing pop-up ads offering software fixes, driver updates, etc. for your computer.

Best to just ignore such things. Only download drivers and updates directly from the manufacturer's website. Even then you must be careful as some of them even try to add or install other stuff that is probably not relevant or needed.

There is no one site per se but Wikipedia is as good a start as any. But Wikipedia should not be considered as the final answer - look for other explanations as well.

If some language you "do not comprehend" appears just copy the words by highlighting and using CTRL + C. Then go into your browser and search engine of choice.

Use CTRL + V to paste in the copied language and run a...
If I follow correctly you are seeing pop-up ads offering software fixes, driver updates, etc. for your computer.

Best to just ignore such things. Only download drivers and updates directly from the manufacturer's website. Even then you must be careful as some of them even try to add or install other stuff that is probably not relevant or needed.

There is no one site per se but Wikipedia is as good a start as any. But Wikipedia should not be considered as the final answer - look for other explanations as well.

If some language you "do not comprehend" appears just copy the words by highlighting and using CTRL + C. Then go into your browser and search engine of choice.

Use CTRL + V to paste in the copied language and run a search.

(Normal copy and paste process....)

Most likely you will additional information, explanations, questions, etc. about that language and what the words can mean or imply.

Pretty good chance that some of the links you find will lead to Tom's Hardware.....

Googling is not a perfect process in any way but you can modify your search and narrow things down if and as necessary.

The important thing to remember is not too immediately react to or do the first thing that you find or learn. Double check and verify as much as you can.

Solution