I have problem with my acer laptop

vcmishra

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
My laptop is ACER- Aspire 7741-6802 Working on Windows 7
I spilled water, and now my Key board is acting weired
I cannot even log on to the system, as it asks password and I cannot ut in password because keyboard does not work
Asks for password reset disk, that I do not have
Can I have additional keyboard to access the contents of my C drive
Anyway that I can work it out ???

[CONTENT REMOVED]

I have edited out your email address to protect you from potential spam. Please do not post sensitive information on the forums, or anywhere else on the net for that matter. This includes things like your email, phone number, and of course banking info and credit card numbers. It's for your own safety. - Thank you, Apanzee; Moderator

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
What tripledouce said.

Typically they will dry out and work just fine again in a couple days time. If this is not the case then you will need to find a computer repair shop and have them take a look at the internals as the water may have caused a short circuit.

Personally I've spilled stuff on my notebooks a handful of times (coffee, juice) and never had much of a problem other than sticky keys which can be remedied by removing them and soaking them in paint thinner or cleaning by hand.

For now, use an external USB keyboard - I have a portable wireless desktop setup by Microsoft that uses a single USB adapter about a half inch in length for both the mouse and keyboard. I carry them in my bag with my notebook. I'd recommend something along those lines if you absolutely need the portability. If you're using it on a desk at home 90% of the time I'm sure you could make do with a cheaper, wired, USB keyboard.

Hi :)

The problem we see in my lappy repair shops with WATER in particular , is long term RUST...

Eventually it will cause Motherboard failure...

For the benefit of anyone else reading this...

THIS is what you do if you have a liquid spillage....

FIRST... turn laptop into an A position then mop out any excess you can get at

NEXT ...put it in an airing cupboard or on a radiator (on a board so it doesn't melt the plastics)

IN THE SAME >> A << position

FOR 48 HOURS...

Then try it again...

All the best Brett :)