I have two internal hard drives in my desk top now.(1 is called c disc and the other d disc) the c disc is only 60 gb and and

uncl bill

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I have two internal hard drives in my desk top now.(1 is called c disc and the other d disc) the c disc is only 60 gb and and the d disc is 1 tb. the c disc is maxed out due to down loading music and movies, i know how to move from one hd to the other to free up space, now heres my problem, i am stuck on a program and cant finish becaue i dont have enough space left, now the question, how can i move this program from c to d and will it still work the same way it did?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
You usually have to uninstall the program, then re-install it but change the directory from C: to D:. For example, most default to C:\Program Files (x86) but you can change that to D:\Programs or whatever folder you want on the D: drive. I created a Games folder on my D: drive for games for example and only install games there. I don't know of any other way to move a program easily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 7
O Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 3