I have uninstalled my nivdia driver accidentally and updated windows 10 now how can I get my driver installed and I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthiksavvyheads

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Uninstalled nivdia Driver and updated windows 10 how to install the correct version of driver... Should I again have downgrade my windows for this installation process.... Pl clarify me with this .....and I will be grateful for ur timely help

Solution
Just disconnect the GPU from the PCI-E lane, connect the monitor to the onboard graphics on the motherboard, go to NVIDIA's website, put in the stuff that they ask you (OS, GPU's series, etc) and download the driver, Install it, reconnect the GPU, and you're done!

idanlol7856

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Just disconnect the GPU from the PCI-E lane, connect the monitor to the onboard graphics on the motherboard, go to NVIDIA's website, put in the stuff that they ask you (OS, GPU's series, etc) and download the driver, Install it, reconnect the GPU, and you're done!

Solution

zhoid99

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
I had the same problem and I struggled to fix it as well.

But after stumbling over something random I managed to fix it.

This is my solution:

Windows Defender Security Centre has a warning sign.
I clicked on it and then clicked on Device Performance and Health which brought a troubleshooter and it did a scan on my laptop and found the issues. I clicked on 'Apply fix' for every issue and restarted my laptop.

It restored the graphics card to the Display adapters.

I dont know if this will work for everyone but it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.