I have verticle lines on the left side of my Toshiba laptop.

revdguy00

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I have a four year old Toshiba Laptop. It suddenly has long pink and fray lines an inch wide with variable sized smaller pink lines about one quarter inch wide, some lighter pink and others more pronounced.

I can still see the computer browser in the background and can use the computer as always. It is like an "Over-Ghost" curtain yet it is annoying. The over-all background screen is a bright light colored green tint. The letters are black even though surrounded by green tint. I did not know what the refresh button was for, so I hit it but cannot erase it now. Sorry!

Hi,

It seems like a problem with the LCD itself but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
- First is to connect an external monitor to your laptop and see if it would be normal or not.
- If it does display normally on the external display that means it's the LCD that is faulty.
- What you can do is to make sure that the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard is seated properly. Try to remove the ribbon cable on both ends and put it back in making sure it's seated properly.
- If it doesn't work that means the only solution would be to replace the display itself.
- But if the external display will show the same problem that means it's the graphics card that is faulty.
- If you can, open your laptop and clean the inside of it. Remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU.
- If all these will not work you'll need to replace the motherboard itself.