I have Viruses!! But i cant reinstall my computer to a specific time! Help!

Lo_3__

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Hi i have a couple of viruses [on Windows 7] that i dont know how to remove or which viruses i have...
One virus make pop-up ads like for example "do you want to get the last verision of systemsettnings" even if there is no updates. :heink:

The other virus downloads Pc Clean Up Programs that i then need to sit and remove all the programs like every day... It could be some kind of Adware virus but second virus i have no clue.

And symtoms is that the computer is much slower than usual.
And pop-up ads every where.
Reason for virus: Free programs... (stupid me)

But know the question, i have tryed to reset the computer to the day before i downloaded the programs which installed the virus. But when i click on "System Reset" It says "System Protect is inactivated, activate/inactivate systemreset settnigns if you wanna activate system protection for use".

And then i activated system protection for every disk i have and then i restarted my computer but nothing changed...

Is there any other solutions or what can i do to "fix" the system reset so it works?

Thankful for Answer
//Lo

Solution
rgd1101 14 December 2016 15:12:58
System protection have to be turn on before you have issue, not after. All you can do now is backup your data and do a fresh os install

regardless of system restore been on/off it sure aint going to get rid of the virus. it could of been coded to do as such stay in system even if user does a system restore. personal data corrupted system wouldn't take the chance id do a fresh install painstakingly a process. doe that happens if your not careful or don't have some sort of protection.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
At this point, the only real practical thing to do is to wipe the hard drive and start fresh. Format the hard drive, reinstall Windows, and restore your important data from your backup solution. System restore is rarely a magic solution.

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
yea do a fresh install as you don't no what in the registry was modified even what was changed in the system settings. the system restore would not work as the malware or virus would of modified this so that you couldn't do that. after a fresh install update your pc then install an antivirus along side an anti malware . i use avast an antivirus also malwarebytes as an anti malware also have win defender. as a precaution for disasters like this from happening you have to be real careful installing stuff or even opening emails links that you do no recognize. always scan anything you download using your antivirus and as backup scan with malwarebytes

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
rgd1101 14 December 2016 15:12:58
System protection have to be turn on before you have issue, not after. All you can do now is backup your data and do a fresh os install

regardless of system restore been on/off it sure aint going to get rid of the virus. it could of been coded to do as such stay in system even if user does a system restore. personal data corrupted system wouldn't take the chance id do a fresh install painstakingly a process. doe that happens if your not careful or don't have some sort of protection.

Solution