I just experienced the LG G4 OLED TV and I'm dismayed

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
March 18, 2024 - I found this article to be interesting in that the author didn't fall for the LG hype. Of course LG wants to make their latest models sound like they are leading edge Tech. However, I think that Mr. Epps is correct in saying that many people are not going to be convinced by what may be subtle advances in TVs thanks to "can live without" Tech. I think that things like paper thin and/or folding displays are big attention getters. That people may actually be impressed by and want to buy. Frankly, I think that we are on the cusp of a big change in how we view media. Apple and a few other companies have created devices that could make big TV displays as obsolete as LCDs made CRTs. I wouldn't be surprised if in ten years most people are viewing media on headsets. We could be talking about the old days when we had a big TV taking up room. The way we talk about how it was before cell phones. Going off topic here for a second. I have to say that while I love my LG 55 inch TV. I am very angry that I can't use the voice control on the remote control, because I won't agree to LG's set of conditions, which include letting LG spy on how I use my TV. I paid for all of the features when I purchased that model. It's like a car company telling an owner of one of their cars. That in order to get all of the benefits of owning their car. They have to let their car send back to the manufacturer, all of the owner's travel information. It's getting to the point that we don't own products, the companies that make them, own us.

tresnugget

Honorable
Nov 5, 2018
I don't see many people buying this TV because of the AI features.

If anyone is spending that much on a TV they're going to buy it because it's the brightest OLED on the market with great gaming features.