I just purchased this laptop and the wireless internet was fine until I messed up and tried to correct it but it didn't let me

Kyana_1

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I can't get back on the wireless internet my phone and other thi gs work just fine and i hooked my phone to my laptop to see if that would help and my phone came on right away but I just can't connect to the internet please help me this so very important for my job and I don't want to use my brother's because the kids are on his 24/7 and I don't want them to erase anything that does not concern them at all.

Solution
Well since you didn't say how you messed up, these are more generalized instructions...

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then...
Well since you didn't say how you messed up, these are more generalized instructions...

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Solution

Qhemist

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
What version of windows are you using? The above steps should get you connected to the wifi. Some laptops have a button that turns wifi on and off. Make sure that you didn't actually do that. If you right click on the network connections tab on bottom right corner of your windows (assuming) OS, and you see wireless access points. Then it is on and your issue is probably your router.