I need a cd tray cover for a toshiba satellite laptop.

Sep 26, 2018
THE COVER FOR MY TOSHIBA SATELLITE CD TRAY IS BROKEN. THE LABEL FOR THE COMPUTER IS ILLEGIBLE. HOW CAN I IDENTIFY MY COMPUTER SO I CAN ORDER THE TRAY. OR HOW CAN I OPEN THE CD TRAY WITHOUT THE COVER?

Solution
In the front of the tray, there will have been a tiny hole into which you push a needle to open the drawer if it gets stuck. With the cover missing, you should still be able to see that hole in the metal tray and open the drawer quite easily. You might even be able to see the button on thet ray which is pressed when you touch the button on the cover.

Could you turn off the CapsLock key please? Writing in all capital letters is the Internet version of shouting and is frowned on as a bit rude.
In the front of the tray, there will have been a tiny hole into which you push a needle to open the drawer if it gets stuck. With the cover missing, you should still be able to see that hole in the metal tray and open the drawer quite easily. You might even be able to see the button on thet ray which is pressed when you touch the button on the cover.

Could you turn off the CapsLock key please? Writing in all capital letters is the Internet version of shouting and is frowned on as a bit rude.

Solution