I need a good travel laptop for under 1500

ugweiss

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Not a gamer ... want a very light laptop ... touchscreen ... possible combo lap/tablet ...
i7 - at least quad core - graphic card for photo editing - web development - 500 ssd - at least 8 gigs of ram (or 16?) - backlit -
I buy laptops every 1 1/2 year and never found the perfect laptop.
Presently have a HP Spectre 360 - 1 year old - hinge on left is malfunctioning and have already had repaired twice.
I've experience a lot of design issues in the past and would like to find a laptop that could last 3 years - hardy hardware.
Thanks for your help

Solution
What architecture? this is meaningless from an end-user point of view. It's got the power, the right weight, durable, BAM! that's it. Modern CPU got decent built-in GPU, you don't need a dedicated GPU, those are for gamers. Quad core I7, that's not gonna help the battery u know, a laptop is about compromises. Touch screen... u gonna run Metro? Hinge problem... then you definitely don't want a combo, because they always come with a funky hinge system, and combos are say to "not good at either tasks" Too heavy for a notepad, too under power for a laptop.

I like the ASUS Zen but that's personal.

ugweiss

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

Thanks for the heads up .... but weight is really important ... around 2 to 4 lbs. ... I would like to have a ssd drive for my operating system, 240 gig min ... the weight and a proven reliable computer architecture is most important. Thank you.

What architecture? this is meaningless from an end-user point of view. It's got the power, the right weight, durable, BAM! that's it. Modern CPU got decent built-in GPU, you don't need a dedicated GPU, those are for gamers. Quad core I7, that's not gonna help the battery u know, a laptop is about compromises. Touch screen... u gonna run Metro? Hinge problem... then you definitely don't want a combo, because they always come with a funky hinge system, and combos are say to "not good at either tasks" Too heavy for a notepad, too under power for a laptop.

I like the ASUS Zen but that's personal.

Solution

ugweiss

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

ugweiss

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
you're right I don't need dedicated GPU ... I'm not a gamer ... and right I don't want to run down the battery ....
I've looked at the ASUS Zen ... any particular model you would suggest ... I'm willing to drop the combo too (you're
right on the combo notion) ... thanks