I need a very small and light laptop, but not sure which one

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jd29

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I have a desktop that does everything I want it to, and I work there most of the time. But I'm thinking about buying a small laptop (11" is the ideal size, since even 13-14 is a little big for what I want) to work on command line stuff, watch videos from bed, travel, take to work, etc. Nothing too intensive (I'd watch 720p and 1080p mkv's every now and then but that's about it), and no gaming. I'd like it to have an SSD. Most of the time would be spent either using terminal/remote desktop, browsing or watching videos/movies. And I'd really like it to be as light and thin as possible to take with me.

Thing is I'm not sure which laptop suits my needs.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

I would maybe talk to some of your mac owning coworkers to see if there are any remote desktop client issues. Probably wont be, but its good to be safe.

My wife does this and it works great - she pops open her windows XP work PC on her mac from home and it just runs in a window.