I need help choosing a headset

ZeusGamer

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
Like the title said, I need some help getting some headsets. Preferably under a $100. Needing it for strictly gaming and nothing more. Also, I would prefer it to be wired rather than wireless. I know the quality of a wired headset is much better than a wireless one. One last one, I need it to be around the ear rather than it being on my ear. It's just more comfortable. Please leave some links and I thank you in advanced!

PS:
I do have amazing speakers, but I don't want to wake my wife up when I'm gaming late nights.

Solution
Fascinating... after reading so many reviews & posts on relevant issues, I went in entirely the opposite direction,
bought a Corsair H2100. Btw, have you looked into bluetooth-based headsets? They'd have a better link than wifi.

I'd say one of Corsair's wired versions should be good, but I'm not sure if they ones that go around the ear lik
you describe.

Ian.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Fascinating... after reading so many reviews & posts on relevant issues, I went in entirely the opposite direction,
bought a Corsair H2100. Btw, have you looked into bluetooth-based headsets? They'd have a better link than wifi.

I'd say one of Corsair's wired versions should be good, but I'm not sure if they ones that go around the ear lik
you describe.

Ian.

Solution

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
The HyperX Cloud or HyperX Cloud II is the best headset under $100. They're both extremely comfortable but the Cloud II has a better microphone. There have been some issues with buzzing on the Cloud II so if you want a nice reliable headset, buy the Cloud. They both have removable microphones too.

I wouldn't buy any wireless headphones if they're going to be used for gaming. Stay far away from bluetooth too. They're not worth it unless you need it for mobile devices too.

ZeusGamer

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014

Thanks man. I'll check that out as soon as possible. You're right, I'm steering clear of Bluetooth headsets. I want a wired one for quality purposes.

TRENDING THREADS