I need help figuring out this laptop's specs

Maurice97

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I found a Lenovo IBM R60E for cheap
And the owner said in the description that it has 2gb of ram and windows 7 and it's pretty quick but he did not mention the processor
I called him asking for it's processor but he seemed that had no clue what it is and mentioned a pentium but I doubt R60e had got any pentium in them

I need it's processor name to know if i'll be to upgrade it's CPU by knowing the chipset cause some R60E got single core and those with single core cannot support dual core :/

Solution
D
That's just the name. It's still soldered in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_M

And you still need BIOS and electrical compatibility for different processors. Does the model with a dual core have the same internal power supply? The same cooling? OEMs don't write in multiple CPU BIOS support even for desktops. They buy in bulk and they buy cheap. It's not like buying a retail desktop board that's designed to work with all the CPUs that fit the socket.
D

Deleted member 217926

Laptop CPUs are soldered in place. If you're comfortable with a solder gun then you still have to worry about BIOS support. Even if the chipset 'officially' supports a different CPU odds are the BIOS does not. Cheaper and easier just to buy a better laptop than to try and upgrade one in 99% of cases.

Maurice97

Estimable
May 24, 2015

But as i saw online that they got a CPU socket
Socket M i guess

D

Deleted member 217926

That's just the name. It's still soldered in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_M

And you still need BIOS and electrical compatibility for different processors. Does the model with a dual core have the same internal power supply? The same cooling? OEMs don't write in multiple CPU BIOS support even for desktops. They buy in bulk and they buy cheap. It's not like buying a retail desktop board that's designed to work with all the CPUs that fit the socket.

Solution

Maurice97

Estimable
May 24, 2015
Meh
imma buy it anyways, it'll make a good "in bed" laptop
i built myself a gaming desktop i don't really need that laptop for gaming anyways, just for surfing the web that's all