I need help finding a decent gaming laptop for my friend

LinERideR

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I've already decided on the laptop I'm going to purchase (Lenovo ideapad y510p with GT750M SLI for 1050$ from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312834)
My friend on the other hand is short a couple of bucks and only has about 700-800$ to spend on a gaming lappy. I showed him the lenovo y410p for 830$ but he really wants the 15in full HD screen and a GPU that will last a few years for being able to play games. He also needs a laptop because
A) He travels ALOT
B) Portability
I've been saving my money for the past year and a half (Were both 14, so 1050$ is
a lot) and he just started saving around thanksgiving so he only has about 550$. So what would be a decent lappy that will last a while AND play most games in at least medium settings UNDER 800$? I know it may be a lot to ask for, but if anyone has a suggestion, please post it!
Thanks guys!

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
You don't need to save too much to get a laptop that will play at medium. This should play low-medium, maybe not all games at medium, but most. It is only $530. I wouldn't spend more then you need when on a budget and this seems to be perfect. The only problem is the full HD screen. I don't think its possible to get one for that price range with a decent GPU, I really think that's a stretch. Anyways here it is, let me know what you think! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314119

IInuyasha74

Honorable

1) That laptop is cheaper on Newegg.
2) Had you read his original post you would now he already knows about this laptop and plans to buy it for himself.
3) Had you read the original thread you would know this is well outside his friends price range

Please read.

IInuyasha74

Honorable

LinERideR

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Yah I think that toshiba will work for him. I know a gt 730m can play BF3 on medium in 1366x768 so that should be alright considering we'll be playing mostly GTA4, black ops 1,2 and others like that.

IInuyasha74

Honorable

Sounds good, and its a pretty solid system at its price.
Unless you have more questions please mark one of our answers as the best solution so this thread will be closed :p

LinERideR

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Oh ok, I didn't know, I'm new. :)
Ok well thanks for all the help guys!