Solved! I need help finding a Television

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hey Everyone!

So I need help finding a Television. I need to hook up a pair of headphones for someone hard of hearing. So it has to have "RCA Stereo Out."

I'm looking for maybe a 20 or 22 inch screen. I just can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding tv's with RCA Stereo Out!

I'm hoping you guys can have better luck than I.

Thank You SO much!

I wasn't aware TV was such hot commodities! :D

Well technically TV have never had RCA outputs, you want to look for HEADPHONE_OUT.

I've seen a few that still have them, but then am in the market for a 40-50" dunno about the small screens.

Failing that, what audio output they may offer will most likely be digital so u need a converter, which ends up giving you a analog line out, which will need am amplifier, PHEW. U thought this was easy. Try crutchfield.com, there are salesmen at standby and they will tell you.

Groveling_Wyrm

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
RCA out is an older technology. Most TV's have switched to USB or HDMI to save cost and for better upgradeability.

You might want to look at changing the headphones to match...

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

Thank you Groveling,
Wow, that's just crazy. I see all kinds of ads for wireless headphones and most have that RCA connection. But that would explain why I'm having such a hard time finding one.

AND...

It seems any other connection type you can ONLY use the headphone volume. NOT both TV and headphone volume controls.

I wasn't aware TV was such hot commodities! :D

Well technically TV have never had RCA outputs, you want to look for HEADPHONE_OUT.

I've seen a few that still have them, but then am in the market for a 40-50" dunno about the small screens.

Failing that, what audio output they may offer will most likely be digital so u need a converter, which ends up giving you a analog line out, which will need am amplifier, PHEW. U thought this was easy. Try crutchfield.com, there are salesmen at standby and they will tell you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnupamaPrakash Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 3
W Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 0