Solved! I need help finding a Television

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hey Everyone!

So I need help finding a Television. I need to hook up a pair of headphones for someone hard of hearing. So it has to have "RCA Stereo Out."

I'm looking for maybe a 20 or 22 inch screen. I just can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding tv's with RCA Stereo Out!

I'm hoping you guys can have better luck than I.

Thank You SO much!

Solution

I wasn't aware TV was such hot commodities! :D

Well technically TV have never had RCA outputs, you want to look for HEADPHONE_OUT.

I've seen a few that still have them, but then am in the market for a 40-50" dunno about the small screens.

Failing that, what audio output they may offer will most likely be digital so u need a converter, which ends up giving you a analog line out, which will need am amplifier, PHEW. U thought this was easy. Try crutchfield.com, there are salesmen at standby and they will tell you.

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

Thank you Groveling,
Wow, that's just crazy. I see all kinds of ads for wireless headphones and most have that RCA connection. But that would explain why I'm having such a hard time finding one.

AND...

It seems any other connection type you can ONLY use the headphone volume. NOT both TV and headphone volume controls.

I wasn't aware TV was such hot commodities! :D

Well technically TV have never had RCA outputs, you want to look for HEADPHONE_OUT.

I've seen a few that still have them, but then am in the market for a 40-50" dunno about the small screens.

Failing that, what audio output they may offer will most likely be digital so u need a converter, which ends up giving you a analog line out, which will need am amplifier, PHEW. U thought this was easy. Try crutchfield.com, there are salesmen at standby and they will tell you.

Solution