I need help with a speaker system £400 -> $600 , receiver , speakers and sub to be connected to my pc

Samanderton64

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I am thinking of getting a speaker system for my pc, i have only before had some cheap speakers which need an upgrade, i am hoping to spend around £400 on it but have very little idea where to start, i vaguely know how to connect everything together but i need to know which products would be good to get , i want to get a center speaker at some point but not currently so it would be good if you could use a 5.1 channel amp, Thank you for any advice in advance

since you're in the uk i'd start by taking a look at wharfdale's diamond 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 as well as some audio video receivers (avr) from pioneer, yamaha, onkyo, sony with 80-100w/channel power output.

i'd start with a 2.0 or 2.1 system with a receiver, then add onto it with additional speakers as you go (just dont wait so long that things start getting obsolete)

Samanderton64

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
ive decided to wait a little while before getting a sub woofer and get a receiver and a pair of speakers for £400 any is there anything better i could get for my money now, i am looking at the Yamaha RX-V377 and some Q acoustics 3020s are these better or worse than the the ones you have previously suggested? thanks btw