I need help with fixing google

lienliu

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Hi, I've tried looking at google forums but I just couldn't find anything related to my problem. So for a week or so, my google search is only displaying web and images. This is a bit annoying since I like to see other options.

http://imgur.com/a/2GsGx
Thanks for your time!

Solution
Your best bet is to uninstall Chrome and remove all references to it in folders and the Registry. Uninstall it in Control Panel>Programmes and Features.

Restart the computer then go into My Computer and from the Tools menu, then Options then Select View. Tick to Show Hidden Files and Folders then untick Hide Protected System Files. Click Apply then OK your way out.

Go into C:\Windows\Users{yourname} and look at the Appdata folders. You need to look at all the folders in Local and Roaming. Delete anything related to Google then back from your own account to look in the folders of All Users and do the same.

Restart again then press your Windows key and R at the same time. In the Run input box, type regedit then press the...

0AgentHani0

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
When you reinstalled google chrome, still the same problem?

----------------------------
I guess you should Reset Google Chrome's Settings

Copy and paste this to your Address Bar:-

chrome://settings/

Scroll down and click on "Show advanced Settings"

U will find a bar called "Reset Settings"

Click on that one and i guess its gonna fix it.

------------------------------------------------------------
If that didnt worked then copy and paste this to address bar again:-

chrome://settings/

and look on the left side you will find "Extensions"

Click on that and Delete Useless extensions that u have..

Your best bet is to uninstall Chrome and remove all references to it in folders and the Registry. Uninstall it in Control Panel>Programmes and Features.

Restart the computer then go into My Computer and from the Tools menu, then Options then Select View. Tick to Show Hidden Files and Folders then untick Hide Protected System Files. Click Apply then OK your way out.

Go into C:\Windows\Users{yourname} and look at the Appdata folders. You need to look at all the folders in Local and Roaming. Delete anything related to Google then back from your own account to look in the folders of All Users and do the same.

Restart again then press your Windows key and R at the same time. In the Run input box, type regedit then press the Enter key. Navigate through the Registry in much the same way as you would in My Computer. Go to HKLM then Software and find any reference to Google then do the same in HMCU>Software.

One more restart and this time, go to http://www.mozilla.org and download Firefox. You then have a good browser which doesn't try to phish for all your private details.

Solution