Mar 26, 2017
I have a HP pavilion G6 Laptop. My specifications are as follows,
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 3120M @ 2.50GHz 71 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 183E (U3E1) 73 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (HP)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series (HP)
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
465GB Hitachi HGST HTS545050A7E380 (SATA) 48 °C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SN-208DB
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

I'm facing a problem for last 3 months. My system is detecting the Intel's onboard GPU as the default display adapter(Intel HD Graphics 4000) . I have done everything I should have done to make my AMD's( AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series) GPU as my default display adapter but my system isn't detecting it as the default display adapter. And because my system detects AMD's gpu as the default display adapter my games always lags and I get really bad fps. I have played the game called "Warface" before with medium video settings with a good fps and smooth gameplay. But now I play this game with the lowest resulution + low video settings and i dont even get 60 fps. Here is the link of the gameplay video which I recorded when everything was fine https://www.facebook.com/Khan.Shaheeb.TheGamer/videos/vb.100007652073970/1643661622565558/?type=2&theater

And here is the link of the video which I recorded some days ago https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B59wMjBu00RQeGRiX29LTHBxbDQ

Please help me

Laptop using other graphics card and not the AMD one.

First you need to get it to detect and use the right card.

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance.

You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

SiAm_1

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

SiAm_1

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
@webworkings

I have reinstalled AMD driver
Then whatever you said to do me in the AMD settings I did.
But still my games runs with very poor FPS.
And In the display adapter properties it says that my default adapter is Intel HD Graphics 4000