I need home theater help!

mdydragoon

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
I have a late 90s/early 2000s home theater system in my basement consisting of the following: Roktel audio system with receiver, amp, DVD player--there are no HDMI ports. Paradigm surround sound speaker system--Left, Right, Center, rear left, rear right. Sharp ceiling mounted projector. Very big screen (not sure of the size). All of this was left in my house when we bought it two years ago. I want to bring this system into the 21st century. I know I will need a new projector and a new receiver but I would like to keep the amp and the speakers as they are very good. Also, to watch movies, I would like to wirelessly stream from my mac to the projector--I want to mirror my laptop screen onto the projector. I use Stremio on my computer for all shows and movies. I do not use Hulu or Netflix, etc. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to make this all work?

mdydragoon

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

Cool--what about the other stuff such as the projector and the streaming. Any suggestions on what to buy in order to do all of that properly?