I need some decent computer headphones

custom09

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hello, I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones for my computer. I would like to keep the price $150 or less if possible, and I'm looking towards the sennheiser brand. The headphones will be used mostly for games, but some music and just browsing the net watching youtube videos and whatever. The headphones will mainly be used at night or when I need to be quiet, otherwise I will be using my regular speakers (logitech Z5300). A mic isn't that important since the only time I will be using them is when I need to be quiet. I would also like them to be closed to help keep noise from coming in and going out.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to a few choices...

HD 280 pro - Price is good, most reviews are good but some say that they aren't good headphones for music and games just for studio use. If anyone has a pair please let me know how they are since they are the ones that I'm most interested in.

PC 350 - Price is a little high, look good, has a mic. I don't know much about the sound, but the reviews are pretty good.

HD 448 - price is good, looks good, not to many reviews. Not sure how big the ear cups are, do they cover the whole ear?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

ampedal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Do not go sennheiser for gaming, they only offer stereo (meaning left and right channels only)

with that price range, you want to be looking at 5.1 or 7.1 headsets. These give you surround sound, where sennheiser does not.

Some good brands are the Roccat Kave, some of the logitech models, turtle beach, razer, and I'm sure many others.

You can check out newegg or amazon for reviews, but I reccomend you buy ebay for the best deals.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS